There are so many aspects of Catholicism that I could write about, but this blog's focus is on family traditions. Do you have one that you'd like to share? A Catholic custom or a family recipe relating to a Feast day or holy day? I'd love to hear about it. Please drop me a line and share the way your family celebrates your Catholic heritage.


Saturday, July 2, 2011

Memorial of the Immaculate Heart of the Blessed Virgin Mary - July 2, 2011

Because it's a beautiful, simple prayer (and because our Bible Camp students did such a great job learning it this past week!), I've chosen to share the Memorare here today.  This lovely prayer is attributed to St. Bernard of Clairvaux (1090-1153), and is recited daily at our own school.

The Memorare 

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
 
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

No comments:

Post a Comment